Please book on Eventbrite via this link
Most of us are not just tired, but exhausted. We are in constant acceleration, anxious, distracted..."what's next?" This feeling of running out of time is a body-wide experience that impacts our whole being. "At the end of the day, we probably haven't had a true moment to ourselves, to relax in and just to be." John O'Donohue
What would it feel like to rest? Not zoning out but actually closing our eyes, to travel inward and find our rhythm deep below the restless surface where its still and things move slower.
Join Sally and her special guest teachers Sam, Andy, Lucy and Kate for a restful retreat where we'll have time to notice, be curious: "what's going on here"? We can undo and learn new practices that support our mental, emotional and physical health.
With renewed space for self compassion and kindness we can become more stable and useful in our community, with our family and the world.
Friday 21st July
- 7.00pm - 9.30pm Welcome supper and drumming session with Sam Evans from the Melbourne Tabla School. Sam is the only Australian to hold a PhD in Tabla and Sally is delighted to have him return to teach once again at the retreat. We'll enjoy learning to play this lovely instrument before settling down for a beautiful listening/meditation session. Relaxed stillness is what meditation is. It is that simple.
Saturday 22nd July
- 9am - 10.30am Sally will teach a gentle yoga/somatic movement practice to help us undo 'busyness' and arrive in our body. We'll practice less doing, more awake and truly present. Sally's teaching is inclusive and accessible for all participants.
- 10.30am - 11.00am Morning tea
- 11.00am - 12.30pm Restorative yoga and yoga nidra with Sally. Keeping the body still but relaxed, eventually the mind will follow.
- 12.30pm - 2.00pm Lunch
- 2.00pm - 4.00pm Andy Bryant is a podiatrist, barefoot enthusiast and passionate educator on natural movement. Andy will talk foot function, gait and much more before we set off for beach walking meditation. No shoes [sensory deprivation chambers] required! We'll return for a play/dance/move session which will be lots of fun. "Your body remembers everything, Sounds, smells, touches, tastes which are held in our cells. Play is like fertilizer for brain growth. Much more of the brain is devoted to movement than language." Bessel van der Kolk
- 4.30pm - 6.00pm Kate McIntyre, Master of Wines and Director at Mooraduc Estate will take us through a mindful wine tasting session and into our evening dinner. Kate is one of only 400 Masters of Wine globally and is an international wine expert. This will be very special session with Kate featuring pinot gris, pinot noir and chardonnay wine styles crafted by Kate.
- 6.30pm Dinner. Please BYO wine. Note Kate will have Mooraduc wine for sale by the bottle.
Sunday 23rd July
- 7.30am - 8.30am Begin with a sunrise yoga flow class with Sally's daughter Lucy Wilcox. This is always a very popular session and Sally is delighted to have Lucy on board.
- 8.30am - 9.30am wholesome breakfast
- 9.30am - 10.30am Pranayama: breath patterns and mantra with Sally "You, too, have come into the world...to go easy, to be filled with light, and to shine" Mary Oliver When I am Among the Trees Pranayama is a term for specific breath practices which can restore energy and enhance vitality when practiced regularly. When we begin to notice our breath we realise its power to help regulate our nervous systems and every other mind /body system. Exhale and relax!
- 10.30am Morning tea.
- 11.00am - 12.45am Restorative yoga with Sally. We use props; blankets, chairs, bolsters to support and comfort us in deep rest. Sally will encourage you to yield tension as we stay present to softening and letting go in the posture. We'll practice cellular breathing as we dive deep into fuller respiration. Restorative yoga invites a deep peace to the body and mind.
- 12.45pm Lunch, rconcludes
- 8 teaching sessions
- Meals: 1 supper, 1 breakfast, 2 morning teas, 2 lunches, 1 afternoon tea, 1 dinner
- All yoga props: mats, bolsters, belts, blocks and blankets
- All wine for tasting session.
- Gift pack from Alpha-H an Australian award winning skincare company